- Serves: 4`
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml white wine
- 800 g fresh clams, in their shells, rinsed and scrubbed
- 500 g linguine
Tips and Suggestions
When you buy clams, they should all have closed shells. If any are open, give them a firm tap on the kitchen counter on their base and they should close after a few seconds. Discard any that don't close, as they run the risk of contamination.
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and wine, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and add the clams. Cover the pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes until the shell have all opened, stirring them through the tomatoes every couple of minutes.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the linguine and cook for 6-7 minutes, or as directed on the packet, until the pasta is just tender. Drain and toss the hot pasta together with the tomato and seafood sauce.
5. Serve in a large bowl.
Rate This Recipe