- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g dried linguine
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g clams, fresh or tinned, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 leaves ruby red chard, shredded
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g butter
- 25 g parmesan, grated
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the linguine for eight minutes until al dente, then drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the clams, garlic and shallots and cook for 1 minute over a high heat.
3. Add the cherry tomatoes, parsley and shredded chard and pour in the wine. Cook briskly until reduced by a half.
4. Add the vegetable stock. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil.
5. Toss together the linguine and the clam sauce. Mix in the butter and grated Parmesan. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe