- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 kg live crab
- 500 g dried linguine
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunches coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 3 red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 50 g rocket
- 150 g vegetable stock, or still mineral water
- 100 g coarsedried breadcrumbs
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the crab and bring back to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, before removing the crab and setting aside to cool.
2. Once the crab has cooled, break off the claws, legs and the tail flap. Loosen the body by pushing the point of a sharp knife between the shell and the body of the crab. Push the body away from the shell using a levering movement.
3. Remove the feathery green gills and discard.
4. Scoop out the white and brown crab meat from the body. Crack the claws and legs using a crab hammer, and take out as much of the meat as you can.
5. Boil a large pan of lightly salted water and cook the pasta for 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain in a colander and toss in 50ml of the olive oil.
6. Grind the toasted coriander seeds, garlic and chillies into a paste using a pestle and mortar. Add the fresh coriander, lemon zest and juice.
7. Stir this mixture into the crabmeat and fold in the rocket leaves.
8. Heat the stock (or water) in a large frying pan and add the pasta, crab mixture and remaining olive oil. Warm through on a gentle heat.
9. Scatter with breadcrumbs and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe