- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pasta
- 200 g linguine
- 25 g butter
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and a squeeze of juice
- 2 heaped tbsp mascarpone
- 2 smoked mackerel fillet, skin removed, flesh flaked
- 1 large handful baby spinach
For the salad
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes
- 50 g wild rocket
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. For the pasta: bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the linguine according to its packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan and cook the garlic and leek for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add the chilli and cook for a further minute.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the frying pan. Stir in the lemon zest and mascarpone, then the mackerel.
4. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then add the spinach and toss with the hot pasta until the leaves wilt.
5. For the salad: chop the cherry tomatoes and combine in a bowl with the rocket. Dress lightly with a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Pile the linguine onto serving plates and hand the rocket and tomato salad separately.
Rate This Recipe