- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 800 g mussels
- 150 ml olive oil
- 5 tinned anchovies
- 13 capers
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red chillies, finely chopped
- splash of white wine
- 360 g linguine, fresh or dried
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and cut into dice
- handful of parsley, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil, to serve
1. First clean the mussels by washing them in plenty of cold water, scrub them well and pull off any stringy bits that may be attached. Open the mussels and carefully remove the flesh and the liquid. Separate the flesh and liquid and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the anchovy fillets, the capers, garlic and chilli and sweat for a few seconds. Stir in the mussels, add the wine and allow it to evaporate, and then add the mussel liquid.
3. Cook the linguine according to the manufacturer's instructions. Drain the cooked linguine and add to the mussel sauce with a little of the pasta water, adding the tomato cubes and parsley. Mix well and cook through for a minute. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe