- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pesto
- 1 large bunch basil, stalks removed
- 100 g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- 75 g pine nuts
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed with a pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 6 tbsp olive oil
For the linguine
- 400 g linguine
- 4 small waxy potatoes, sliced
- 150 g fine green beans, topped and tailed
1. For the pesto: combine the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, crushed garlic and water in a mini food processor and pulse to a rough paste.
2. Add the olive oil and blend for about 20 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. For the linguine: cook the linguine in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. Add the green beans and potatoes to the pan after the pasta has been cooking for 4 minutes.
4. When the pasta is al dente and the potatoes and green beans are tender, drain and return to the warm, hot pan. Add the pesto and toss well to coat evenly.
5. To serve, sprinkle over a bit more parmesan cheese and pile the pasta onto serving plates.
Rate This Recipe