- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 shallots, thinly chopped
- 200 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 400 g linguine
- 2 scallop roes, thinly diced
- 2 plum tomatoes
- black pepper
- small handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves picked off and finely shredded
- 2 scallops, roes removed, white flesh halved horizontally
1. Heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the shallot and fry gently, over a low heat, until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and chilli and cook gently for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook briskly until reduced by two-thirds.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
4. Add the linguine and cook until al dente. Drain the linguine, rinse under cold water and set aside.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the diced scallop roes and sweat gently for 30 seconds.
6. Add the linguine, shallot mixture and tomatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the shredded parsley and half of the remaining olive oil.
7. Season the halved scallops with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
8. Add the scallops, searing for 1 minute on each side.
9. Divide the linguine among four warmed soup plates. Top with the scallops and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe