- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 500 g green tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 handfuls fresh oregano
- 400 g green olives
- 500 g mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 400 g linguine
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until softened. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often - they should still hold their shape.
2. Add the sugar, oregano, olives and half the mozzarella and mix well.
3. While the tomatoes are simmering, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. The linguine should have a slight bite to it when ready.
4. Drain the pasta and add to the tomato sauce. Stir in the remaining mozzarella and fold everything together so the pasta soaks up the sauce and the cheese warms through.
5. Serve with grated parmesan and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Rate This Recipe