- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 cooked lobster
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 chopped, 1 whole
- 1 red chilli
- 2 slices good white bread
- 3-4 stalks white asparagus
- ½ head escarole endive
- 3-4 tarragon leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, halved
1. Take the claws off the lobster, remove and peel the tail, then cut in half down the middle.
2. Heat half the olive oil in a large lidded frying pan and gently fry the chopped garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast or grill the bread.
4. Put the lobster tail halves, claws (shell on) and asparagus in the pan.
5. Peel off a couple of big leaves from the outside of the escarole, and finely shred the inside leaves. Add the shredded leaves to the lobster along with the tarragon.
6. Pour the vinegar into the pan and lay the whole escarole leaves on top. Cover with the lid.
7. Rub the toast with the whole clove of garlic and then the cherry tomatoes. Add a generous splash of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
8. Take the lid off the pan and gently remove the slightly wilted leaves to your serving plates. Pour the rest of the olive oil into the pan, add a squeeze of lemon and some seasoning.
9. Spoon the rest of the salad onto the plates, and crown with the lobster tails and claws. Spoon over the rest of the warm dressing and serve with the toast and some lemon.
Rate This Recipe