- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 lobster
- 2 scallops
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 ml double cream
- 10 tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- black pepper
For the cannelloni:
- 8 lasagne sheets
- 16 langoustines, shelled
For the Champagne beurre blanc:
- 40 ml champagne
- 20 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 white peppercorns
- 20 ml double cream
- 200 g salted butter
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and blanche the lobster for 10 seconds. Remove the meat, place it into a food processor with the raw scallops and blitz until very smooth.
2. Slowly add the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
3. Push the fish mixture through a drum sieve into a bowl set over ice. Add the cream and tarragon; stir well and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Bring a separate pan of salted water to the boil and blanche the lasagne sheets for one minute and refresh in cold water.
5. Pipe a line of lobster mousse lengthways along the pasta and place a cooked langoustine in the centre.
6. Roll the filled lasagne sheet up into a sausage shape and trim any excess pasta with a sharp knife. Wrap the sausage in cling film and tie at both ends.
7. Poach the canelloni in boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
8. To make the champagne beurre blanc, place the champagne, vinegar, shallots, peppercorns and bay leaves over a medium heat and gently reduce everything until only 2-3 tablespoons of liquid remain. Remove from the heat, remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and stir in the cream.
9. Add the butter, a little at a time, whisking constantly until fully incorporated. Season to taste.
10. Unwrap the canelloni and serve immediately with the champagne beurre blanc.
Rate This Recipe