- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the tomato provençal
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp black olive tapenade
For the lobster
- 1x750 g lobster, cooked and halved
- beaufort cheese, grated or
- gruyère cheese, grated
For the hollandaise sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 100 g clarified butter, melted
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. To make the tomato provençal, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the chopped tomatoes and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
2. Sprinkle in the sugar, then stir in the thyme, tomato puree and vinegar. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and reduce slowly on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
3. Towards the end of cooking, stir in the tapenade and more olive oil for a looser mix.
4. For the hollandaise sauce, put all the ingredients except the butter in a round-bottomed bowl and place over a pan of simmering water.
5. Whisk the mixture briskly until it becomes as thick as whipped cream, then remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter, pouring it into the mixture in a slow, steady trickle. If the sauce thickens too much, adjust it by whisking in a spoonful of hot water.
6. Season to taste and keep warm. Do not allow the sauce to boil, or it will separate.
7. Spread half the tomato provençal on each side of the lobster and spoon the hollandaise sauce over the top.
8. Sprinkle with grated cheese and grill for 2-3 minutes, until the topping is golden brown. Serve straight away with salad.
Rate This Recipe