- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: oven-drying for lemon zest
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs oven-drying
- Effort: medium
- zest of 1 lemons
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- toasted rye bread, to serve
For the lobster and cream dressing:
- 150 ml mayonnaise
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp lemon vodka
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt, and white pepper
- 1 cooked lobster, about 600g
For the salad dressing:
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon vodka
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and de-seeded
- 1 bunch of rocket
- ï¿½ tsp red chillies, finely chopped
1. Set the oven to 110°C/gas ¼. Blanch the lemon zest in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Strain and allow to dry.
2. Mix in the vegetable oil, spread on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the caster sugar and a little salt. Place tray in the oven for 2 hours or so, until crisp. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
3.Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley and set aside.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the mayonnaise and crème fraiche together. Add the lemon vodka and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
5. Remove the meat from the lobster tail, cutting through the shell with kitchen scissors. Crack the claws and remove the meat, keeping whole if possible.
6. Mix the lobster meat with enough of the cream dressing to bind.
7. Mix the salad dressing ingredients together and season.
8. Chop the tomatoes into a small dice, mix with the rocket leaves and chilli and mix in a little of the salad dressing.
9. Place some of the dressed salad into 2 Martini glasses, top with the lobster salad and crispy lemon zest.
10. Serve with thinly sliced toasted rye bread.
Rate This Recipe