- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 live lobster
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 g butter
- 3 tinned anchovies
- large handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 200 ml shop-bought hollandaise sauce
1. The best way to kill the lobster quickly and painlessly is to lay it flat on a chopping board and hold it firmly. Find the X-shaped mark on the back of the head and put the tip of a heavy chefs knife down through it hard. Cut straight down the middle to split it into two. Remove the plastic-like stomach sack, and the intestine track.
2. Twist the claws off from the body and snap between your hands. Tap with a table knife to crack the shell.
3. Preheat the oven to 240C/gas 9.
4. Combine the garlic, butter, anchovies and parsley in a food processor for about 30 seconds until well blended. Set aside.
5. Lay the lobster halves and the cracked claws on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 6-7 minutes until the meat has turned white but is still moist.
6. Spoon over enough of the garlic butter to fill the lobsters head cavity and return to the oven for a minute, to melt the butter.
7. Spread the hollandaise sauce over the lobster meat and put under a hot grill to brown the hollandaise you want it to bubble but watch carefully to make sure it doesnt burn. Serve warm.
Rate This Recipe