- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the grapefruit butter
- 1 pink grapefruit, juice and zest
- 50 g butter, softened
For the lobster
- 4-6 new potatoes
- 2 small/medium lobster, cooked
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 lemon, both zest and juice
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
1. For the grapefruit butter: put the grapefruit juice and zest into a small pan and, over a low heat, reduce it to a couple of tablespoons. Sieve to remove the zest and cool.
2. Beat the grapefruit juice into the softened butter with a little seasoning. Roll into a log shape and wrap tightly in cling film. Chill or freeze until needed.
3. For the lobster: boil the potatoes in salted water for 10 minutes until just cooked. Drain and lightly crush them while still hot, and set aside.
4. Take the lobster and twist off the head and claws. Remove the meat from the claws by cracking them and pulling it out in pieces. Flake the claw meat into large chunks, discarding any membrane. Set aside.
5. To remove the tail meat, cut down the middle of the inside shell with scissors and peel it back, pulling out the meat in one piece. Trim the frayed bit of meat and cut the tails in half. Set aside.
6. Fry the spring onion in olive oil until tender, add the crushed potatoes and a pinch of salt to the pan, then stir to warm through. Next, add the lemon zest and juice, a pinch of freshly ground black pepper, the coriander and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the lobster claw meat to the pan and mix well.
7. Spoon half of the mixture into the centre of each plate, using a 10cm ring to shape the mix if possible.
8. Take the two lobster tail halves, season, add a little oil, and arrange tails on top of the potato mixture. Pre-heat the grill.
9. Just before serving add a slice of the grapefruit butter to each dish between the lobster tail topping, and place under the grill for just a minute to melt the butter.
Rate This Recipe