- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the hogget
- 1 x 500 g loin of hogget
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly crushed
- splash olive oil
- knob butter
For the couscous
- 1 banana shallot, finely sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp hazelnut oil
- 100 g blanched hazelnuts
- 300 g cooked couscous
- 1 small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. For the hogget: season the hogget loin with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the garlic and hogget loin. Fry for 4-5 minutes on all sides (for medium), or until the hogget is cooked to your liking. Add a knob of butter to the pan and remove from the heat to rest.
2. For the couscous: in a small bowl mix together the shallots, vinegar and hazelnut oil and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, toast the blanched hazelnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until golden-brown all over. Keep the nuts moving in the pan to prevent them from burning. Transfer the nuts to a food processor and pulse to couscous-sized pieces.
4. Fold the chopped hazelnuts into the cooked couscous, along with the herbs and shallot and vinegar mixture.
5. To serve, spoon the couscous onto serving plates. Slice the hogget and lay the slices over the couscous, along with a drizzle of the resting juices.
Rate This Recipe