- Serves: makes 2.2kg
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus soaking and 2 weeks to mature
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dried apricots, (no-soak) chopped
- 100 g dried pears, chopped
- juice and grated zest of 2 oranges
- 500 g sultanas
- 500 g raisins
- 4 tbsp quince or crab apple jelly, (optional)
- 250 g brown sugar
- 250 g demerara sugar
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg, grated
- 150 ml dark rum
- 150 ml brandy
Tips and Suggestions
Allow to mature for two weeks before using. This mincemeat can be stored for up to two months.
1. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until mixed well. Cover the bowl and leave for three days, stirring occasionally.
2. Pot in sterilized jars, cover and store in a cool place.
Rate This Recipe