- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the base
- 180 g crunchy oat biscuits, (or substitute digestives, gingernuts etc)
- 80 g butter, melted
For the topping
- 2 x 397 g tins condensed milk
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 unwaxed lemons
- fresh raspberries, to decorate
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Crush the biscuits to coarse crumbs in a food processor (or alternatively pop then into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin). Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press into the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin in an even layer. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes, until firm.
2. Pour the condensed milk and cream into a large bowl. Finely grate the zest from 2 of the lemons and add to the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemons and add this into the mixture. Stir, until everything is well incorporated; the mixture will become very glossy, thick and smooth.
3. Spoon the lemon mixture over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours or so, until firm. Carefully remove the flan from the tin and arrange the raspberries over the top. Dust with icing sugar and serve in slices.
Rate This Recipe