- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 410 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2-3 tbsp water
- black pepper
- bunch of flat-leaf parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 6 pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- warm pitta bread, to serve
1. Place the chickpeas, tahini paste and garlic in a food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
2. Add the lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and the water. Blend again until very smooth. Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. In a bowl, mix together the parsley, capers and olives
4. To serve, place a mound of the hummous on each serving plate and top each with a spoonful of the parsley mixture.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with lemon wedges and warm pitta.
Rate This Recipe