- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 4 dessert pears, peeled, cored and thickly sliced
- 200 ml dessert wine
- 2 star anise
- 225 g madeira cakes, sliced
- 250 g raspberries
- 250 g mascarpone
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- 50 g dark chocolate, cut into shreds
- small sprigs of mint
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Place the pears in a saucepan with the dessert wine and star anise. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the pears are just tender, but keeping their shape. Remove the star anise and set the pears aside to cool in their liquid.
2. Arrange the Madeira cake in the base of a large deep glass serving dish. Drizzle over the cooled liquid from the pears. Scatter the pears and half the raspberries over the top. Set aside.
3. Place the mascarpone, cream, honey, orange zest and juice in a bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and forms soft peaks. Spoon the cream mixture evenly over the fruit layer. Chill.
4. Scatter over the remaining raspberries and chocolate. Decorate with mint sprigs and a good dusting of icing sugar before serving.
Rate This Recipe