- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 x 14.5cm square spring roll spring roll wrappers
- 10 fresh lychees, peeled and chopped, or 425g can lychees, drained and chopped
- 1 mango, sliced
- 1 tbsp cornflour, blended with 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- vanilla ice cream
- golden syrup
1. Take a spring roll wrapper and place it in front of you, in the shape of a diamond.
2. Put a chopped lychee and a few slices of mango across the centre of the pastry, then brush each corner with the blended cornflour.
3. Bring the two side corners over the filling to the middle. Bring the bottom corner up over the filling, then brush the remaining corner with a little more cornflour mixture and roll up from the bottom to secure the spring roll. Continue in the same way until all the wrappers are filled.
4. Reserve the leftover lychees and mango pieces for decorating.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Add a shallow layer of oil, allow to heat, then put the spring rolls in the pan and fry for 1 minute until golden. Turn the rolls over and cook the other side until golden.
6. To serve, put 2 spring rolls in each small serving dish, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and decorate with leftover fruit pieces. Drizzle with golden syrup and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe