- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g macaroni
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150 g butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 600 ml milk
- 2 leeks, blanched
- 1 smoked chicken breast
- 300 g red leicester cheese
- dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Boil the macaroni in a large pan of salted water according to the instructions on the packet, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the onions and garlic until softened. Add the butter and flour. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Slowly add the milk, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens to sauce consistency.
5. Add the chopped leeks, smoked chicken, cheese and Worcester sauce. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add a pinch of nutmeg to finish.
6. Take off the heat, stir in the macaroni and transfer the mixture to an ovenproof dish. Bake for 15 minutes and then serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe