- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 5 large eggs
- 200 g leftover cooked macaroni or spaghetti
- bunches flat-leaf fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 100 g pecorino or grana padano cheese, diced
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- rocket, cherry tomatoes and red chicory salad, to serve
- dashes of white wine vinegar, to dress
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Mix in the pasta, spring onions and parsley.
2. Stir in the cheese, plenty of black pepper and a good pinch of crushed chillies.
3. Heat the oil in a 20cm diameter non-stick frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture and cook on the lowest heat for 7-8 minutes, or until the mixture is almost cooked right through.
4. Carefully invert the frittata onto a plate - it may stick in places where the cheese has melted and then slide back into the pan. Alternatively you can place it under a medium grill.
5. Cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and set right through. Slip out onto a board, cut into wedges and serve with salad dressed with olive oil and white wine vinegar.
Rate This Recipe