- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 150 g young broad beans, podded and peeled, peeled weight
- 150 g young sweet garden peas, podded weight
- 300 g asparagus
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 350 g maccheroncini pasta
- 50 g parmesan, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Maccheroncini is like macaroni shaped pasta but smaller, if you cant find maccheroncini, this recipe is also good with tagliatelle or trenette pasta.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until soft, for about 68 minutes.
2. Add the raw broad beans, peas and lastly the asparagus tips. Add 100ml water and braise until the vegetables are tender, for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 67 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and mix with the sauce. Stir through the parsley and divide between four warmed plates.
4. Sprinkle over the parmesan and lastly pour over the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Serve hot.
See more of Carluccios pasta range.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at all of our pasta recipes.
Rate This Recipe