- Serves: makes 20-25
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 minutes to stand
- Effort: easy
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 240 ml milk
- 25 g butter, melted
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 250 ml creme fraiche
- 2 packs of hot smoked mackerel, cut in to bite size pieces
- dill, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
These can be made ahead of the party or gathering, just keep the blinis covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
1. Mix the baking powder and flour together with a pinch of salt. Mix the egg, melted butter and milk in a separate bowl, then combine the wet and dry ingredients. Cover and stand for 20 minutes.
2. In a large frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil, covering the base of the pan. Put tablespoon amounts of the pancake mixture in the pan, once golden turn the pancakes in the pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining pancake mixture.
3. Combine the horseradish and crème fraiche in a small bowl.
4. On each blini, place a piece of mackerel and a small spoon of horseradish crème fraiche. Garnish with a grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
Recipe from The Saucy Fish company.
Rate This Recipe