- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large mackerel, filleted
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 knob butter
- 1 big handfuls medium porridge oats
- 2 handfuls watercress
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Dijon mustard, to serve
1. Rinse fillets and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Break the egg into a bowl and whisk into it a dribble of tap water, large flakes of sea salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large knob of butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
4. When the butter begins to foam, dip both sides of a fillet into the egg wash and roll it in the oats before laying it to cook in the butter.
5. Repeat the stage #4 with the other fillet(s).
6. Turn the fillet when golden brown to cook the other side. Each side will take about 3 minutes to brown.
7. While the fish is cooking, mix the watercress in a little bowl with lemon juice and salt.
8. To serve, place a handful of watercress in the centre of a serving plate, add a fillet to the side and finish with a generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
Rate This Recipe