- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g jersey royal potatoes, halved
- 3 eggs
- large handful French beans
- 1 head chicory, leaves separated
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful black olives, stones removed
- 4 mackerel fillets
- olive oil, for frying
For the dressing
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
2. Boil the eggs for about 8 minutes, so that they are neither too runny nor too hard. Drain and then place under cold running water to cool. Peel off the shells and slice in half.
3. Cook the French beans in a pan of boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
4. Put the chicory leaves in a bowl. Gently stir through the potatoes, tomatoes, olives and eggs.
5. Preheat a griddle pan. Rub the mackerel fillets on both sides with olive oil and place on the hot griddle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side (depending on their size).
6. For the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide the salad among 2 serving plates. Lay the beans over the top and put 2 fillets of mackerel on each plate. Drizzle over the vinaigrette and serve.
Rate This Recipe