- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 15 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 350 g smoked mackerel
- 25 ml cider vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 30 ml BenRiach dark rum-wood finish 15 year old malt whiskey
- 100 g Granny Smith apples
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 thick slices brown bread, toasted
- salad leaves
- lemon wedges
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
2. Transfer to a bowl and chill over a larger bowl of ice for 15 minutes.
3. Serve in ramekins with warm brown toast, salad leaves, capers and a wedge of lemon for garnish.
Recipe from The Whisky Kitchen: 100 Ways with Whisky and Food
Rate This Recipe