- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red chillies, roughly chopped, seeds left in
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 200 g green beans, topped but not tailed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 spring onions, cut into 8cm batons
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir in the garlic, chilli and rosemary for 1-2 minutes to quickly to release their flavours.
2. Add the beans and shuffle well to coat the beans in the garlic, chilli and rosemary, then add the lemon juice and enough water to just lightly cover the beans.
3. Cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes, or until the beans are al dente.
4. Stir in the spring onions, toss well and season with salt and pepper. Put the lid back on and cook for a further 1-2 minutes just to wilt the spring onions.
5. Turn the heat off and leave to rest for five minutes before serving.
For Allegra's other mezze ideas, see her recipes for Moroccan meatballs, flatbread and roasted garlic and pumpkin hummus.
Rate This Recipe