- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g halibut, skin removed
For the curry paste:
- 175 g onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml tinned coconut milk
- plain boiled or steamed rice, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
In Malaysia, fresh fish is a standard item in every home and on every restaurant menu. It makes an ideal quick meal.
1. Cut the fish into 5cm pieces and set aside.
2. To make the curry paste, put the onions, ginger, garlic, curry paste, coriander, fennel, turmeric and lemon juice in the food processor. Add half the coconut milk and blend very well.
3. Pour the remaining coconut milk into a wok or saucepan over a medium heat and add the curry paste. Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
4. Add the fish pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Serve immediately with plain boiled or steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe