- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225 g chicken breast fillets, skinned, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 225g cooked peeled shrimps
- 200 g fresh or frozen peas, ooked
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 400 g rice, cooked and cooled
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp shredded leaves lettuce
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves
- half a small tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- peanut sauce, to serve, (optional)
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add the chicken and fry, stirring often, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Add the onion and garlic and fry, stirring often, for a further 8 minutes.
3. Add the shrimps, green peas, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir-fry until the rice has heated through.
5. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a separate large frying pan. Fry the eggs until cooked to taste.
6. Transfer the fried rice to a serving platter. Top with the fried eggs. Garnish with lettuce, coriander leaves and tomato. Serve as it is or with peanut sauce.
Rate This Recipe