- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
For the stock syrup:
- 400 g caster sugar
- 900 ml water
- 100 ml white wine
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 vanilla pods, split lengthways
For the passionfruit sorbet:
- 150 ml passion fruit purée
- 55 g sugar
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp liquid glucose
- grated zest of 1/2 a limes
For the blackcurrant jelly:
- 100 ml blackcurrant purée
- 1 leaf gelatine
For the exotic fruit mixture:
- 10 g mango, peeled, stoned and diced
- 10 g kiwi fruit, eeled and diced
- 10 g papaya, peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 10 g dragon fruit, peeled and diced
For the Malibu froth:
- 150 ml milk
- 30 g sugar
- 4 tsp Malibu
1. For the syrup, heat the sugar, water, white wine and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then strain through a fine sieve.
2. Scrape the vanilla pod into it and stir well to break it up. Set aside to cool.
3. To make the passion fruit sorbet. Combine the passion fruit puree with the sugar, water, liquid glucose and lime zest. Churn in an ice cream maker until the mixture freezes into a sorbet. Place in a freezer-proof container and freeze until required.
4. For the blackcurrant jelly heat the blackcurrant puree in a small saucepan. Soak the gelatine leaf in cold water for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the water. Remove the blackcurrant puree from direct heat and stir in the soaked gelatine.
5. Pour the mixture into four small espresso cups. Cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour until set.
6. To serve, divide the exotic fruit mixture between the four espresso cups. Top each portion with a scoop of passion fruit sorbet.
7. Make the Malibu froth by gently heating together the milk, sugar and Malibu in a saucepan. Use a hand-blender to froth up the mixture.
8. Spoon the froth over the sorbet scoops, covering them completely, and serve.
Rate This Recipe