- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 large tender artichokes
- juice of 1 lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 800400 g canned chopped tomatoes, chopped
- pinch of sugar
- dashes of vinegar
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g broad beans, skinned
- 200 g peas, shelled
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp ricotta cheese
1. Prepare the artichokes by removing all tough outer leaves. Completely cut off the tops of remaining leaves, cut in half and scoop out the choke using a teaspoon.
2. Place in a bowl of water and lemon juice.
3. In the meantime, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and gently fry until soft.
4. Add the garlic and as soon as it is fragrant, add the tomatoes.
5. Bring to the boil add the sugar, vinegar, parsley and seasoning, Lower the flame and add the artichoke hearts.
6. Cover and simmer until the artichokes are soft and cooked through, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes.
7. Add the broad beans and peas. Continue simmering until the vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes.
8. Make 4 hollows with a wooden spoon and break the eggs into them. Spoon ricotta in between the eggs. Cover while the eggs, beans and peas cook. As soon as the egg is poached, serve the stew hot. Spoon Ricotta over eggs.
Rate This Recipe