- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
For the base
- 125 g melted butter, plus extra for buttering the cake tin
- 100 g digestive biscuits
- 200 g Maltesers
For the topping
- 800 g cream cheese
- 200 ml soured cream
- 200 g icing sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 100 ml double cream
- 150 g roughly crushed Maltesers, plus extra whole ones for decoration
1. Butter an 8 inch spring form cake tin with melted butter, then leave to one side until needed.
2. For the base: whizz the base ingredients in a blender until they are like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Pour this crumb mixture into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix everything together then tip into the spring form cake tin.
4. Press it down so it is level and compact with the back of a large spoon then put the tin in the fridge for a good 30 minutes to firm up.
5. For the topping: put the cream cheese, soured cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat together until combined.
6. In another bowl whisk the double cream until it forms medium peaks. Pour the whipped cream in a bowl with the cream cheese, soured cream, icing sugar and vanilla and fold gently together. Add the crushed maltesers and fold to combine.
7. To assemble: take the tin containing the biscuit base from the fridge and tip the creamy mixture over the top of it. Spread it around to level and then bang the tin a couple of times on the work surface to make sure it touches the base mixture evenly and there are no gaps.
8. Place in the fridge for an hour or two to set. Once ready to serve, remove from the fridge and press the maltesers in to the topping if using. Cut and serve.
Image and recipes from www.maltesers.com
Rate This Recipe