- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g spaghetti
- drizzle olive oil
- 1 banana shallot, chopped
- 100 g pancetta, diced
- 8 egg yolks
- 50 g parmesan, finely grated
- generous pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta in the boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes until al dente ' just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan and cook the shallot and pancetta over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until golden.
3. Lightly whisk the egg yolks with the parmesan cheese, nutmeg, black pepper and chopped parsley. Drain the pasta, reserving a ladleful of the cooking water, and add to the pancetta in the frying pan with enough cooking water to moisten.
4. Tip the pasta mixture into the cheesy beaten eggs and toss everything together. The heat from the pasta will cook the egg mixture. Serve straight away with a sprinkling of black pepper and extra parmesan shavings.
Rate This Recipe