- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the quince sauce
- 2 tbsp quince, paste
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
For the Manchego fritters
- vegetable or groundnut oil, for deep frying
- 50 g panko breadcrumbs or very fine white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped herbs, (parsley, tarragon, chervil, basil)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g manchego cheese, cut into wedges
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 poached eggs
- wilted spinach
1. For the quince sauce: mix the quince paste and crème fraîche together. Transfer to a small serving bowl and set aside.
2. For the Manchego fritters: preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 180C.
3. Combine the breadcrumbs with the herbs and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Dip the Manchego wedges into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mix, making sure the cheese is completely coated in breadcrumbs.
5. Fry in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve immediately with the quince sauce alongside.
Rate This Recipe