- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 manchego cheese, cut into fingers
- 60 g flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp olive oil
For the spicy pisto:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 10-12 olives, stoned
1. First make the spicy pisto. Heat the olive oil in a wok, add in the onion and garlic and fry gently, stirring often, until soft, around 5 minutes.
2. Add the aubergine, red pepper, and chorizo and fry, stirring now and then, for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the courgette and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix in the parsley, basil and the olives.
5. Coat the manchego cheese in the beaten egg, then the flour and then the breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add in the coated manchego and fry gently until crisp and golden on both sides.
7. Serve with the pisto.
Rate This Recipe