- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the chilli vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 pinches turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato juice
- 2 tbsp sherry vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
For the salad
- 2 mango, just ripened, peeled and diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 small bunches coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Tips and Suggestions
For this recipe, you want to buy mangoes that are just ripe but still have firm flesh. This will give you sweet and tangy flavour. Green mangoes from Thailand will do this job perfectly well. If you prefer a sweeter taste, go for India's esteemed Alphonso mangoes when in season.
1. For the chilli vinaigrette: mix all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt.
2. For the salad: mix all the ingredients in bowl and dress with 2-3 tbsp of the vinaigrette. Toss well.
3. Divide the salad between four chilled serving dishes. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
Rate This Recipe