- Serves: 3-4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 425 g tinned pieces mango, in syrup
- 250 g bio low-fat plain yogurt
- tbsp green cardamom
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
- ice cubes, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Many plain low-fat yogurts on sale in the UK are unpleasantly acidic, but choosing one made from bio cultures will ensure it has a mild clean taste. You can certainly use fresh mango in this recipe if you prefer, but for best results it needs to be very ripe. If using fresh mango, thin the mixture with a little milk and add up to 4 teaspoons of sugar. For a tangy variation, use buttermilk in place of the yogurt.
1. Use a sieve to drain the tin of mango thoroughly, reserving the syrup. Weigh out 250g of mango pieces and place them in a blender with the yogurt.
2. Split open the cardamon pods to extract the dark seeds. Crush them well and add 1/2 tsp of the spice to the blender. Reserve the rest to use as a garnish.
3. Blend the mixture until thoroughly pureed and silky. Then thin it to the desired consistency using the reserved syrup from the tin of mangoes, adding a little syrup at a time and blending well after each addition. Chill thoroughly.
4. Roughly chop or crush the pistachios and mix them with the little bit of remaining cardamon. Place one or two ice cubes in each glass, pour in the mango lassi and sprinkle with some of the pistachio mixture before serving.
Rate This Recipe