- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 rectangular banana bread
- 4 tbsp mango purée
- 1 litres orange and mango ice cream, from a rectangular container
- 240 ml egg whites
- 450 g caster sugar
- a few drops orange flower water
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe mango, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp orange liqueur
- 2 passion fruit
- fresh mint leaves, shredded
1. Cut the banana bread into 2cm thick slices lengthways, sandwich two pieces together with the mango puree and place on a metal tray.
2. Turn the ice cream out of its container and place on top.
3. Whisk the egg whites until fluffy, then gradually whisk in the sugar and just before stopping a few drops of orange flower water.
4. Smear the meringue all over the ice cream ensuring it is completely covered. Place in a hot oven 4 to 5 minutes until light golden. If you have a barbecue with a lid you can use that.
5. Mix together the orange segments, mango, liqueur, mint and passion fruit.
6. Serve the dessert immediately with the mango and orange salad.
Rate This Recipe