- Serves: 2 as a salad or 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sweet chilli sauce:
- 50 ml brown rice syrup, available at supermarkets
- 1 tsp fresh chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp coriander, chopped
For the salad:
- 1/4 tsp black onion seeds
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 250 g carrots, grated
- 160 g mango, cut into thin slices
- 1 lime, zest finely grated and juiced
- 10 g coriander, fienly chopped
Tips and Suggestions
If you are serving this up at a dinner party, dress it only just before serving as the veg can easily wilt if done too far in advance.
1. For the sweet chilli sauce: Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
2. For the salad: Toast the black onion and sesame seeds by heating them in a dry pan until the sesame seeds start to change to a golden colour.
3. Keep all the elements of the salad separate until just before you want to serve it. Then, toss everything together in a bowl, along with a couple of tablespoons of the sweet chilli dressing and serve straightaway.
Honestly Healthy For Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson. Photography by Lisa Lindner. Published by Jacqui Small, £25.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at lots more of our vegetarian recipes.
Rate This Recipe