- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the filling
- 1 large sweet ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 25 g brown sugar
- 1 pinches nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinches ground cloves, or two whole cloves
For the crumble
- 150 g plain flour
- 35 g butter
- 50 g brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. For the filling: place the mango slices in a saucepan with the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves and cook gently for 5 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
3. For the crumble: put the flour into a large mixing bowl and rub the butter in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
4. Spoon the mango mixture into a small buttered ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the crumble topping. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream or crème fraîche.
If you have no fresh mango, use a tin of mangoes, apricots or peaches. Drain before use.
Rate This Recipe