- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight freezing
- Effort: easy
- 225 g sugar
- 225 ml water
- 3 medium mango, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 small melon, halved and seeded
- zest and juice of 1 navel oranges
1. Combine the sugar and water together in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and place syrup in freezer to cool quickly while you prepare the fruit.
2. Purée the mango chunks in a food processor and set aside.
3. Purée the melon in the same way.
4. Blend mango and melon purées together in a bowl. Stir in chilled sugar syrup, orange zest and juice and place in refrigerator until well chilled, about 30 minutes.
5. Pour into a shallow tray and place in the freezer. When the sorbet begins to freeze around the edges, stir well. Continue stirring every hour for 2 or 3 hours, until the mixture has frozen solid.
6. Cover, and let the sorbet continue to freeze overnight.
7. Let the sorbet stand at room temperature to soften slightly before serving.
Rate This Recipe