- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 450 g ripe mango
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 22 g powdered gelatine, 2 sachets
- 200 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 limes, juice
- 4 sprigs mint
1. Peel the mangoes and puree in a blender until smooth. Tip the puree into a bowl and whisk in the evaporated milk and sugar
2. Measure the hot water in a heatproof jug and add two sachets of gelatine. Stir briskly until the granules have dissolved. Whisk the warm liquid into the mango mixture and ladle into 4-6 serving moulds or medium-sized ramekin dishes. Leave to set in the fridge for about an hour.
3. When ready to serve, dip the bases of the moulds in warm water for a few seconds - this helps in turning them out. Run a flat-bladed knife around the edges and cover with a plate. Give it a shake, and turn upside down - the mango dessert should fall directly onto the plate.
4. Sieve plenty of icing sugar over the desserts, and spoon over lime juice to sharpen. Finish with sprigs of mint and bring to the table.
Rate This Recipe