- Serves: Makes about 1 litre
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling and freezing
- Effort: easy
- 300 g caster sugar
- 500 ml water
- 600 ml mango purée
- 3 tbsp Italian meringues
Tips and Suggestions
The Italian meringue recipe which can be found on James Martin's Baked Alaska recipe produces more than needed for this sorbet. Try freezing the remaining mixture or use it for another dessert!
1. Boil the sugar and water for about 5 minutes until syrupy. Pour into a mixing bowl and leave to cool.
2. Stir in the mango purée and the meringue.
3. Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine. Chill according to the manufacturer's instructions.
4. Pour into a freezer-proof container, cover the surface with cling film and freeze until hard.
Rate This Recipe