- Serves: 4-6, makes one flan
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g sweet shortcrust pastry
- 250 ml milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 ripe mango
- 1 tbsp fresh green peppercorns
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
1. Roll out the pastry thinly and use to line a 20cm tart ring. Rest the flan in the refrigerator.
2. Make the crème patissiere - Beat together the egg yolks, caster sugar and flour in a mixing bowl while the milk heats in a saucepan.
3. Pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture and return to the rinsed-out saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Set aside and allow to cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Fill the pastry tart case with the crème patissiere and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove the flan from the oven and cool.
5. Peel the mangoes, cut the flesh into chunks and spoon evenly over the baked tart. Sprinkle with the green peppercorns.
6. Heat the apricot jam and spread evenly over the tart to glaze it.
Rate This Recipe