- Serves: 1 or make more for a crowd as a pre-dinner canapé
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes for 2-3 canapés
- Effort: easy
- flour, to dust the work surface
- 20 g puff pastry, ready made or homemade
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp water
- unsalted butter, to grease the baking sheet
- 1 tinned anchovies, marinated in olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Roll out the puff pastry thinly (about 2mm) and cut out rectangles slightly larger than each anchovy fillet.
3. Whisk together egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush a little egg wash over the pastry, lay an anchovy fillet on each rectangle, and fold the edges to the centre, pressing together firmly. Place sealed side downwards on a greased baking sheet.
4. Brush the surface with a little more egg wash and bake for 3-4 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Serve hot.
Rate This Recipe