- Cook Time: 30 minutes (40 if crispy base required)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- ½ tsp hot smoked paprika
- 200 ml passata
- 1 bunch of thyme, leaves picked
- pinch of salt
- 115 g pizza dough
- 90 g marinated artichokes, quartered
- 40 g chorizo, sliced
- 60 manchego cheese, freshly grated
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Add in the onions, garlic and paprika and fry gently until softened.
3. Add in the passata and the thyme (reserving a little) and bring to the boil. Then cook until reduced and thickened and season with salt.
4. Roll out the pizza dough to form a 20cm circular pizza base and place on a baking sheet.
5. Spoon a generous amount of passata mixture onto the pizza base, spreading it evenly, then arrange the artichokes and chorizo on top.
6. Finally sprinkle with the Manchego cheese and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and the reserved thyme.
7. Place in a hot oven at 230°C for 20-30 minutes. If a very crispy base is required then blind bake the base for 10 minutes before adding any base ingredients.
Rate This Recipe