- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 24 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml olive oil
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- 6-7 cooked beetroot
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, finely shredded
- a handful of thyme, leaves only
1. Pour the olive oil into a large bowl. Add the vinegar.
2. In a serving bowl, layer some of the beetroot. Scatter over some shallot, garlic and chilli. Sprinkle with thyme leaves. Pour over some of the marinade.
3. Repeat the layers until the ingredients are all used up. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
4. Serve at room temperature as an antipasto.
Rate This Recipe