- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 fillet gilthead bream
- 1 x 2 cm piece ginger, peeled and julienned
- ½ stalks lemongrass, tough outer leaves removed, shredded
- 1 large banana leaf
- 1 generous splash lemongrass and ginger cordial
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 handfuls sugar snap peas
- 1 handfuls mangetout
- 1 handfuls shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
1. Score the skin of the bream fillet with the tip of a sharp knife and season all over with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over the ginger and lemongrass.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the cordial, soy sauce and shaoxing wine to make a marinade.
3. Place the banana leaf into the base of a large steamer set over a pan of simmering water. Place the fish on top of the banana leaf and pour over the marinade. Cover the steamer with a lid and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through (check by piercing the thickest part of the fish with a skewer, there should be no resistance).
4. Meanwhile, heat a splash of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the sugar snap peas, mangetout and mushrooms. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender with a bit of bite.
5. To serve, place the cooked vegetables and mushrooms on a plate and carefully place the cooked fish on top.
Rate This Recipe