- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp juniper berries, crushed
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 orange, thinly pared zest of half, juice of whole
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- a few sprig thyme
- 1/4 onions, thinly sliced
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1.5 kg buffalo meat, cut into 4cm cubes
- 6 slices of smoked bacon, (the smokier the better), cut into 4cm pieces
Tips and Suggestions
Buffalo meat can sometimes be found at specialist butchers', or ordered by mail. This recipe would also work well with wild boar.
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the garlic, juniper, black pepper and orange zest. Add the mustard, honey, whole thyme sprigs, onion, orange juice and olive oil. Toss the meat in the marinade and refrigerate for 3 hours.
2. Skewer the meat alternately with the bacon.
3. Barbecue or grill for 10-12 minutes, basting with the marinade, and turning the meat from time to time.
Rate This Recipe